I Hate Mountains Forums

I Hate Mountains, the free Left 4 Dead campaign official website. Download the campaign, discuss in the forums and access a lot of goodies.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

At the time I'm writing this, it's been way over a year since any meaningful content was posted to this forum. Also, the last and final version of I Hate Mountains was released almost three years ago. Which is why I believe it is time to definitely pull the plug on this forum which is going to remain in a readonly format from now on.

A warm 'thank you' to everyone that contributed to this project in a way or another! If you really need to contact the team, feel free to shoot us an email, our contact information is right here : http://www.ihatemountains.com/contact-us/
– The I Hate Mountains Team

#26 2010-06-18 23:31:12

ninijacob

Re: STUCK ON HELICOPTERS DEBRIS

Guys, this refrences to all campains no matter what; If you ever get stuck try going idle for 15 seconds, It will commonly telport you out after 5-10 seconds. This works most of the time in l4d.

#27 2010-07-24 08:37:10

don'tblink

Same bug on 1.1 and it happens on both sides of the copter is there a safe course around it?

-------------------------------------------
.......excuse me while I kiss the sky!
                             - Jimi Hendrix

#28 2010-07-24 09:00:31

don'tblink

SAFE PATH FOUND TO STEER CLEAR OF DEBRIS.  (I hope this consistently works or I'll be back editing this post.)

It seems if you stay to the FAR right (no guarantees here) avoiding any helicopter at all you can climb over the smashed portion of wall.  Don't fight, just avoid debris.

The wiggle trick works, slowly but surely.  Then the bots, once you are free seem able to follow magically.

Oddly even turning on noclip on didn't fix it.  (of course I realized while typing it that if it was THAT easy it would have been the first post) but the wiggle works.  What is even odder is that while you can shoot your guns you can activate your own health kit.  I suggest a different "gate" for this arena.  Crash the copter elsewhere (ostensibly caused by the copter) while changing a wall to have a hole.  It isn't as elegant and it beats such an annoying and apparently common bug..  But, what do I know of these things. 

I have no idea what that means except that noclip, of course, lets one literally fly through the entire map.  You'd think it would free you of physics objects or ANY objects or perhaps it only works on walls and their game limits.

-------------------------------------------
.......excuse me while I kiss the sky!
                             - Jimi Hendrix

Board footer