I Hate Mountains Forums

I Hate Mountains, the free Left 4 Dead campaign official website. Download the campaign, discuss in the forums and access a lot of goodies.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

At the time I'm writing this, it's been way over a year since any meaningful content was posted to this forum. Also, the last and final version of I Hate Mountains was released almost three years ago. Which is why I believe it is time to definitely pull the plug on this forum which is going to remain in a readonly format from now on.

A warm 'thank you' to everyone that contributed to this project in a way or another! If you really need to contact the team, feel free to shoot us an email, our contact information is right here : http://www.ihatemountains.com/contact-us/
– The I Hate Mountains Team

#1 2010-06-05 22:21:04

Jer9-Carver

My Impressions

Hello IHM team,
I've recently finished your campaign and I have to say: It was great!
I've been playing with a friend and we both had a good time on Advanced.

One thing I liked about this campaign was the fact it was actually dark.
It reminds me of one of those documentaries from valve about L4D, They were talking about the fact that you had to choose if you would reload in the dark and lose your sight or something. Although in L4D1 it never really was that dark I never had problems with not seeing anything, but in this campaign I did...You really had to rely on your friend in these moments hoping he wouldn't reload at the same time and therefore making yourselves vulnerable for infected attacks, it really brings more tension into these moments.

I really liked the fact you had more ways to reach your end and although I knew where I had to go, I usually just took the other paths to see what things were there to see. It not only lengthen my play through, it also encouraged me too fully explore and enjoy the work you created.

The Manor was just as huge inside as it looked from the outside. it reminded me a lot of Resident evil, where you walk through tight areas and hoping there isn't a zombie just around the corner. I never really got lost in it and if I did, I just follow the arrows.(although two arrows above just one doorway felt a bit too much tongue) I loved searching each room for new writings or maybe finding another sneaky creature lurking the shadows... the helicopter 'change of plans' was quite awesome, but since it was already spoiled in the trailer, it wasn't really a suprise.

the underground was nice, the tight corridors made the tanks lot more fearsome, especially if you didn't had any molotovs with you. something which is a plus since tanks don't that "oh shi- it's a tank!' feeling.

the ending looked great and I loved the lightning effects!(although we didn't enjoy the scenery towards it since we had a tank trying to hug us) The breakable walls sometimes surprised us (sitting in bathroom while the others are outside the door is just asking for trouble!) and so did the rescue vehicle, from all the helicopters or boats we never would have thought at the sound from an water plane!^^

There was one thing that kind of bothered me the first time. the lumber mill was quite tense due the fact you usually had a horde behind you,although finding the switch wasn't really problem but where you had to go after that was a bit confusing, I first thought the gate behind the container would open but it didn't. I eventually got stuck and died in a horde. my friend (who was already dead during my failure) pointed out we had to jump on the container and then move on.(the container jump wasn't really necessary, we found out on the spot) although this sounds easy, we still had to fight through the whole junkyard of cars and train rails before we could reach that... Did I miss a hint or something which would point out that you had to go through the crashed house?

Overall, this campaign is absolutely amazing and I enjoyed the whole play through! big_smile

- Jer9-Carver

Board footer